Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
HELLO! How are you all? I just got back from a great class at Heather Summers. I just love her creative, positive energy. For those who haven't met her, she is a true delight and always leaves me re-inspired - thanks Heather! So now that I've told you I'm re-inspired, I'm just doing a quick post and heading to my craft room. Here's a flyer I made up for hubby last night - literally took me 15 minutes, he read the kids their bedtime story and I was done. LOVE MDS! Here's how I made it...I used an 8.5 x11 blank page
- went to Backgrounds and chose 'custom background'
- uploaded a picture that Aaron took of the leaves for the background
- added 6 photo boxes and then dragged the photos into each box
- matted all photos with 'whisper white' and then 'drop shadow' on each (you can select all 6 boxes and do this in 1 step)
- added a square punch for the 'title' - I used the colour picker to choose which colour to fill the punch in with (which I made into a rectangle shape by clicking the arrow and dragging to make it larger) to use the color picker choose the 'colour match' (I believe) and then you can select any colour out of the page, I used a colour from one of the leaves
- added another square punch and filled it with Early Espresso, again matted in white and dropped shadow
- added text and voila! SO SIMPLE!!!
If you have MDS, I encourage you to play around with it. It's really an awesome program. It takes a little bit to get familiar with it but once you do, it's super easy!
Hope you have a great night and thanks for stopping by :) Steph
Monday, October 10, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Hello :) Well I did it, I took all my pics from my pages! YEAH! And I was going to save this one for last as it's my absolute favourite, but I just couldn't wait to share it! Here are my little potatoe head girls, aren't they little hams? I used a kit I had bought some time ago, the Simply Scrappin Love Birds kit. I love the colours and sticky die cuts with this kit. My little miss potatoeheads are completely made out of chipboard and then coloured with Craft inks (except the brown bodies, I covered the chipboard with soft suede paper). The bodies were owls and I cut off the ears, the arms are the legs from the birds in the chipboard kits and the shoes are leaves from the chipboard kit. Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by and I'll try and post some more tmw :) Take care, Steph
Monday, October 3, 2011
Have you ever deleted something and it was the wrong thing? Let me tell you, once I deleted a whole MDS album, I wanted to cry, I still haven't re-completed it! And then just now I deleted my post that I had already done, so now onto a new one! I'll try and re-post what I was going to post later. SO onto today! I had a wonderful weekend at the cottage with some super amazing women. I managed to complete 16 pages, 3 cards, and a 12x12 shadow box page...probably the most I've ever completed! I just have to take pics of them and I will have them posted ASAP :) Today's card is the 3rd card I made with the wonderful group in Strathroy. I know I've said this before, but this group is very special and I so enjoy my time with them. Colours are More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade , Pool Party and Early Espresso, Stamp set is French Foliage and Teeny Tiny Wishes and paper is .....yes you guessed it SPICE CAKE!!! Hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by, I hope to be back again later :) Steph