Thursday, June 28, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

Hello All!  Today's post is a very special one about two very special people.  Stephanie Hobbs is a young girl who had to say goodbye to her dear friend Cole much too soon.  Cole was taken to be with the angels after a long battle with neuroblastoma, a form of childhood cancer.  He and his family and friends fought a tough battle, but in the end, it turns out he was needed among the angels above us.  Stephanie who travelled along this battle has courageously and generously gone on her own to make friendship bracelets in honour of Cole and is donating all her proceeds to help fight childhood cancer.  When my co-worker heather, who is Stephanie's mom told me about this amazing thing she is doing, I asked if she could make 20 for Hannah to give as gifts for her classmates for year end.  She went right to it and made 20 beautiful bracelets.  I can't tell you how this has touched me and our family among many others.  I made these little purses for the girls and ommitted the handles for the boys (not that I'm against boys and purses, but thought without the handle might be better!)  Stephanie is still working on orders as word is being spread about this amazing act of kindness.  If you would like to be inspired by a little boy and his parents who have endured the unimaginable but have come out strong as ever, I encourage you to visit Cole's site, it is an amazing story of strength and courage:   http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/colepetrie
His journey along with parents Brian and Jenn is an inspiration to us all.  If any of you are interested in these friendship bracelets please send me an e-mail and I will pass it along to Stephanie.   THanks for stopping by today :)



No comments:

Post a Comment