Sunday, September 18, 2011

Apples!

Good Sunday morning to you all!  What a beautiful day yesterday, and so far today looks like it will be just as nice!  Today's post is a recipe card I made up for my Club members.  Friday was our first Club night for the year so I wanted to treat everyone with an apple crisp since the family and I went apple picking.  My Club ladies are fantastic and we had a such a great night.  I'll post our project soon, probably not today as I have 10 children under the age of 6 arriving this afternoon for Hannah's b-day party - yikes!  I'm sure it will be great fun.  So back to my post...I used MDS for the recipe card.  I'm working on doing my favourite recipes in MDS and I'm doing them as 8.5 x 11 as I purchased a report portfolio from Staples to put them in.  The portfolio is a binder that can also be flipped to make a stand (like a triangle) will try and add a pic for this too!  Anyways, I wanted something so that my recipes aren't lying flat on my counter while cooking, getting full of flour, sugar, etc.   I'm pretty excited!  Now for the girls, I took the 8.5x11 jpeg of the recipe card and imported into Word, I then shrunk it so I could fit 4 on a piece of paper and then printed.  I then mounted them on Chocolate Chip cardstock to make them a little more sturdier than just the white cardstock.  So there it is!  And I made the card using just the basics from My Digital Studio, in other words, everything on the card is what you would receive from buying just the studio, I didn't need to download any extras.  There really is so much to use on this program!  Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, thanks so much for stopping by, I'll get our project posted asap!  Take care, Steph 

No comments:

Post a Comment