Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello September!


Good evening!  First of all I must say thanks to all the awesome ladies who came out last Friday to make some cards.  I had a wonderful time and was glad to see you all!  As promised, but a little late....the Nature Walk easel card that we made.  I love making easel cards, one because they're so unique and two, because they are SO SIMPLE!  All you need to do is take a 12x12, cut at 4" and then score at 4", 6", and 8".  You then need to fold at the score lines and then take the 4x4 piece and glue to the 2" scored piece, almost like making it into a zig zag.  The trick with these cards is that you need to have something 'popped' up to make them stand up.  I generally use an oval or modern label punch and dimensionals to do this.  I hope you can see from the pictures, if you have any questions on making this cards please send me a line, I'd be happy to help!  Colours are Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Elegant Soiree DSP, Naturals White.  Punches used where the large scallop oval , large oval, 1 3/4" Cirlce and 2 3/8 large Scallop.  I used some Baja Breeze seam binding and an Antique brad (my new favourite embelishment!
Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate all of you out there who take the time to check my blog out.  I hope to one day be able to post everyday, but for now, I'll keep posting as much as I can!  Have a great long weekend!  Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment